Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How to Flickr

My Flickr Project
Flickr is an online photo organizer and media sharing application. The outline of the class project was for a group  to create a story, taking five to ten pictures telling that story, and then uploading those pictures onto Flickr.  The preparation was a simple task except for the ever changing schedules of college students. Once my group members and I got together we brainstormed ideas of what story should outline our pictures. The group that I was in was pretty easy going about what idea should be used so we came up with a suspenseful abduction. Taking the photos of the story was the next step in line. The pictures we ended up taking turned out pretty good, but now came the part of uploading these pictures onto Flickr.
                As I logged onto Flickr using the class account I had a generally bad feeling about the difficulty of uploading the photos  onto this site. To my disbelief I was terribly wrong. Once logged into Flickr they had a huge “upload picture button,” to the right of the screen. From there I clicked on the button which led me to the next page where I uploaded my photos in a blink of an eye. The process of uploading my pictures onto Flickr was easier than I thought. In all my photos I tagged the people within my group. I did this because it shows ownership of the picture and who is all present in the picture itself. Another reason why someone might tag a person in a picture would be so that person could be notified to look at the picture.
                Flickr is an effective tool in creating user-generated content along with the ability to quickly share with others. The use of Flickr has unlimited options starting with having your own content uploaded on the internet in one space. Flickr gives  upcoming artists and photographers the starting point they need to being their careers. As people look at their photos these viewers can comment on them and give feedback, to what could be better or to simply compliment the artist. The second tool that Flickr allows is the ability to share a person’s photos  with  anyone. Take for example a son who just took off for college and wanted to show his parents what he was up to. Well by uploading pictures to Flickr the two parties can view and share photos with each other almost instantly.  The many directions Flickr gives to a user is the reason why this website is an up an coming tool in many households.

No comments:

Post a Comment